1. Jay strikes again with another awesome home project!
Lucas absolutely adores building Lego sets, and he actually likes to keep them built after he finishes them. Which is great and all, except for the fact that they were starting to take over the entire first floor of our home… I told Jay I needed something to give them all a home in Lucas’s room, and he delivered!
2. To build them, he purchased 3 pieces of 1″x 8″ wood and cut them to 2.5 feet each. Lucas said he wanted them painted grey, so we did just that, and mounted them with these bracket kits from Amazon.They wound up being quite a bit cheaper than anything we could find similar at Home Depot/Lowes, and I’m just so thrilled with them!
3. My poor bubs has caught a bit of a nasty cough and cold over the past day and a half. I’m hoping yesterday was its peak and today gets better, but I’ve got him home with me for lots of extra snuggles and quiet time.
Despite the coughs, he’s still my sweet, happy guy <3
4. I came across two new and awesome finds this week from Target and I must share! First up is this sparkling water from Target’s Good & Gather line.
I’m not always a huge seltzer/sparkling water person, just because the bubbles can give me some wicked gas sometimes…BUT, not only was the flavor of this great, but I also didn’t feel super full of burps after drinking it. I’m excited to try the other flavors, but this one is super simple and refreshing.
5. Second are these cozy lounge joggers. Seriously, you NEED THESE in your life. My girl Tal told me about them weeks ago, but I had forgotten all about them until I happened to walk by them in the store and snagged the last pair in my size. SCORE!
6. Ohh, and speaking of new things. I also tried out this Silk Oat Yeah, which is a dairy-free yogurt made from oat milk.
The taste was really good, and the texture was much more comparable to your standard yogurt (as opposed to a thicker, Greek-style yogurt). I definitely like it as a dairy-free option (I’m definitely not dairy-free, but am trying to cut back a little here and there to see if it helps with some digestion stuff), but I do miss the added protein that you typically get from a Greek yogurt (this has 3g, my usual Greek yogurts have 10-12g). If you’ve been intrigued, I’d definitely say to give it a shot!
7. We’ve been back on the tostada train this week, and I am HERE for it.
I seriously adore the Lillie Eats and Tells cookbook, but I just realized that she actually has this recipe on her website! So you can check them out here. They’re super easy, and the carnitas recipe makes so much that you can easily make some extra meals out of it later in the week. We’ve done tacos and burrito bowls, too!
6. We finally finished season 2 of You on Netflix, and my goodness, I am obsessed. How many of you out there have watched/are watching?? I came across this meme on Instagram, and it had me laughing out loud…
Watch out, Taylor!
7. I am questioning every single day lately whether I want to start growing my hair out again (as I typically do after I cut it), or if I want to cut it even shorter. I tend to prefer longer hair in the summer (because…top knots 4 life), but honestly, I just cannot decide! And on top of that, I’ve also been on the fence about whether or not I want to go red again…who knows.
8. So I probably own about 3 different blanket scarves, but every time I attempt to wear one, I feel like I look like a total fool. But somehow, I managed to finagle one yesterday to actually look presentable, and I just love how warm and cozy they are!
Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for today! In case you missed it, I’ve also got a little look back at the last decade, so feel free to check it out. Now go have yourselves a fabulous weekend, and I’ll catch up with ya next week!