1. This has been such a crazy week. I’m so disappointed I never got the chance to blog again any sooner! But I’ll see what I can do to get us all caught up from the week.
2. Work was actually a bit busier than usual, and it was so nice to have one of my co-workers in from out of town for the week. We had a special off-site/teambuilding day on Wednesday, which (as you may have already seen on my Instagram stories) started off with a few hours of volunteering at our local Ronald McDonald House.
We were split up into teams, where some volunteered making breakfast, and some of us worked on lunch, all for the families who currently reside in the house (who have children currently staying in the hospital). I was part of the lunch crew, so I took care of dessert (of course!).
A triple batch of THESE cookies, using just chocolate chips. <3
After all was said and done, we had about 40 boxed lunches + a tray full of cookies to bring over to the hospital for the families. Everyone we encountered was so appreciative, and it truly was such a rewarding experience.
3. The hospital we donated the lunches for is actually the same hospital that I donated $2300 in books to last year, and was just as emotional as I remember it.
4. After our morning of volunteering, our team visited a local “escape room,” which was my first experience with anything of the sort. It was super fun, and something I would totally recommend doing with a good group of friends. Very entertaining and definitely keeps your brain active!
5. Then after two rounds in the escape rooms, we headed down to Lucky Strike Social for some bowling and snacks.
As hard as it is to believe, this was legit my first time bowling an actual, full game since basically “retiring” years ago (I stopped bowling in a league shortly after starting this blog, and actually, for some extra fun facts, check out #2 and #2 from this super old post – betcha never knew!). ; )
I actually had SO much fun bowling again, and would love to be able to get in a league again with Jay for a little parents’ night out. Maybe soon!
6. Has anyone else’s kiddos been obsessing over the new Target toy catalog?
I’m pretty sure Lucas has circled every single race track or car related toy he can find, and Alex is currently all about what he’s labeled the “Chewie Chewie Guy” (which, in case you’re curious, is the Chewbacca toy on something like page 26 or so?!). He loves the Chewie Chewie Guy now.
7. I was alllll about the dry shampoo this week. I actually went 4 full days without washing, and I’ll tell ya…it’s an amazing thing.
8. AMAZING DEAL ALERT!!! If you guys are in need of a new winter coat for yourself or the kiddos, Macy’s is having a huge sale right now. I’m currently checking out THIS COAT for Lucas (originally $75, on sale for $19.99) and they have the same one for Alex’s/toddler sizes, too (HERE). And, of course, if you’re in the market for a new coat for yourself, this Michael Kors puffer coat is incredible (loving it in the wine color!).
9. This picture cracks me up. Lucas had a birthday party for a friend last weekend at Chuck E Cheese, and wound up winning 180 tickets on one of the games. He was completely shocked and beyond excited. Actually, I sort of feel like that’s the face I make every time I sit down to a bowl of ice cream…
10. Oh, and Alex has taken up a new hobby.
He now likes to “wash” the dishes, which entails him bringing over a chair, running water over all of the dirty dishes in the sink, and then flipping them upside down on the drying mat.
It makes a complete mess and leaves him soaked, but he just loves it so it’s a battle I’m choosing to let go of for now.
11. I’ve been chatting with some really amazing women lately, who have had some fabulous questions about Beautycounter and the right products for them. I honestly LOVE these conversations and have had so much fun! One question that often comes up is “how do I know which type of products (often times, cleansers) are right for me?” Well, I’ve gotcha covered.
12. Let me tell you…they are all amazing, but that Cleansing Balm you see up there? Ugh. It’s like heaven in a jar. It feels SO friggin’ good on the skin, and not only that, but it has SO many uses! Use it as a daily cleanser, makeup remover, or even an overnight mask. A bonus is that you really only need a small amount, so a little goes a LONG way. I love keeping it a part of my daily routine.
13. Here’s a final, super fun fact for the day! Any Beautycounter orders placed between now and Sunday will be entered to win this fabulous, Limited Edition New Nudes Lip Gloss Trio ($87 value!) from our Holiday Collection.
Just place an order of any size using my shopping link; I will email you to confirm you’ve been entered into the drawing for the giveaway!
Think you might want something but not quite sure where to start? Makeup? Skincare? Email me!! sweetoothcourtney at gmail dot com. I love connecting with you all! <3
Alright, my friends, I think that’s all I’ve got for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead – and hopefully, I’ll be back some more next week!