1. Friday the 13th? Eeeeeeek!! Anyone out there superstitious about this date??
2. I was quickly reminded again this week WHY I should not buy Target trail mix. This bag lasted all of two sittings. TWO. SITTINGS. Ugh.
3. I’m still trying so hard to stick with evening workouts, but man, finding the motivation is SO tough! Most nights, once the boys are in bed, whatever energy I have leftover is usually just enough to be able to scoop my bowl of ice cream (okay, I’m half kidding, but still…). I really wish I could get back to the early morning workouts, and maybe I can with a little extra willpower…but I’ll tell ya, it’s not easy. So for all the other busy mamas out there also struggling to find the time (and energy!), too? I feel ya!
4. What is it about your own kids that makes you want to just sit there and watch them sleep? I mean, c’mon. It’s just the sweetest, right?!
5. Mama got to have a night out with my one and only Sarah this week! <3
We hit up a new-to-us spot in downtown Troy called The Shop, and it was super cute and rustic inside.
Not to mention, the food was great! Anyone else out there eat/love poutine???
It’s not something I would typically order, but it sounded good and HOLY crap, it was good. So much fun!
6. And I guess it’s a good thing I had my “night out” the night before, because I ended up at Urgent Care with this guy after work last night. You wouldn’t know it from the pictures, but as soon as I picked him up from daycare I could tell that something was off. He was complaining that his tummy hurt, but that was it at that point.
By the time we got home, he was just laying on the couch (NEVER happens) and I started to hear that his voice was sounding a little off. So I checked his tonsils and sure enough, HUGE. So we went down the road to urgent care and, sure enough, the kiddo has strep throat.
This picture is definitely not the right portrayal of our evening, but the fact that I managed to get some smiles out of him made it just a little bit better. Now here’s hoping those antibiotics kick in quick <3
7. You guyyyyyys, the 2018 KIT Daily Planners are available!!!
I have been loving these planners for years now, and I am totally obsessed with all of the new designs that are available this year. Plus, they’ve also made this great add-on option for all of my fellow direct sales ladies out there.
So if you want in on one of your own (trust me, YOU DO), feel free to use my referral link <– you’ll be prompted to sign up so you can earn credits for fun bonuses AND you’ll receive your coupon via email!
8. For those of you who subscribe to my email newsletter, you’ll be seeing a message in today’s email about how you’ll have the option to subscribe to some special Usborne Books-ONLY newsletters coming up! As you all know, I am obsessed with Usborne Books, and I absolutely LOVE being a consultant, so that topic is bound to come up here and there. But I totally get that it doesn’t interest everyone. SO, whether or not you’re already a newsletter subscriber, if you DO want in on the latest and greatest Usborne info, be sure to subscribe!! (you can use the subscription box right below today’s post)
9. Speaking of Usborne, I wanted to quickly share a couple of our current favorites. The first is our Magic Painting books. Lucas actually isn’t super into crafts, so the fact that he’ll sit down with these and actually enjoys them is saying something! Plus, all you need is some water.
They’re adorable (oh, and there’s even a Christmas one, too).
And, second, our 1001 Things to Spot books. Lucas has been really into having to find hidden pictures, and these books are great. His current favorite, actually is our 1001 Things to Spot at Christmas.
I mean, why not Christmas in October, right? ;)
10. Much to my surprise, when asked what he wanted to be for Halloween this year, Lucas actually told me that he wanted to be Batman. Very odd, considering we’ve never watched Batman, nor do we really own anything Batman, but it’s what he wanted. So I managed to find a $10.00 costume at Target and he loved it. Mom WIN! And since I’m cheap when it comes to Halloween costumes, I already know what Alex is going to be :)
Alright my friends, I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3