1. Whew! What a busy (and fun!) week! I never got the chance to check in until now, partly because we were away at the beginning of the week for a little surprise trip to Great Wolf Lodge.
2. Both locations (PA and MA) had their pros and cons, and we all agreed that we liked the water park better in PA, since it was located all in one area and definitely had more water slides.
3. But when it came to the other activities like mini golf, bowling, and games, Jay and I both agreed that we thought the MA location has a better layout.
4. Either way you slice it, the boys were absolutely THRILLED to be heading back again, and we had the best time surprising them with it.
We wound up booking the trip after seeing a promo and getting the room on a Monday night for a steal, so we aligned that with a reward that Lucas had earned for having filled his cottonball jar for good behavior over the past few months.
We may have dug ourselves a hole on this one though, since kiddo definitely won’t be getting an overnight trip every time he fills his jar! But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. ; )
5. I’ve had a bad habit of stealing Jay’s sweatshirts lately. Whooops! I totally got a hold of another one of them while we were away earlier in the week, and I’m gonna have a hard time handing it back over.
FYI: the sweatshirt is THIS ONE from Kohl’s! Size down and you’ll find yourself in all sorts of cozy glory.
6. Has anyone started their Christmas/holiday shopping yet? I’ve actually picked up a few things for the boys, and have found a few really good steals/sales at Target, too. My goal this year (as it is every year…) is to have almost all of my shopping DONE by the beginning of December so I don’t have to worry about it. Now that Black Friday sales are basically available for 2 months, I don’t feel like I need to wait for a bargain, so maybe…juuuust mayyyybe…this will be the year!
I went in just looking for the clarifying shampoo, since I’ve felt like my hair just needed a good, thorough washing to remove all of the product buildup. But then I saw they were having Buy 1, Get One 50% off so I snagged the volume burst, too. Definitely a good pick! I spray it under my roots when the hair is dry and it definitely gives a little extra oomph!
8. Guyssssss. I know I mentioned this last Friday, but I am SO pumped my caramel brulee syrup is back at the ‘bux.
I’ve been trying extra hard to only go 1-2x/week, and so far I’ve stuck to that, but man. I want one every. day.
9. P.S. – that pedicure I had up there, which took place last Sunday, was one of the best ones I’ve had in a LONG time. It’s my favorite when they take extra time for the leg and foot massage! <3
10. We had our annual Thanksgiving potluck at work yesterday, and it did NOT disappoint.
Once again, deep fried turkeys have proven themselves to be the front runner of my turkey favorites, and the spread of sides and desserts was unreal.
Needless to say, productivity that afternoon was likely a little slower across the board in the office!
11. Out of curiosity, do any of you out there take magnesium as a supplement? I’ve been hearing a lot about it recently, and am most curious about it for its claims on providing relief from muscle soreness. If you’ve got any thoughts, pros/cons, I’d love to hear ’em!
Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for today. Hopefully I’ll be back a bit more next week since we’ll be back to a normal schedule over here…! In the meantime, I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead <3