1. Yesterday was a fun day! Jay and I both took the day off from work to get some stuff around the house (so nothing crazy…but no work!), and then we enjoyed an evening out to celebrate my brother’s 30th birthday!!
The birthday boy chose hibachi for dinner (apparently, it’s a favorite), and while Alex was totally intrigued, Lucas enjoyed it up until there was all sorts of fire. From then on, my timid little guy wasn’t quite sure what to think of the whole situation…
2. But the fact that we survived an evening out to dinner with both boys (and actually got to eat and enjoy ourselves) is a total WIN in my book!
3. Want to know the lunch I’ve been eating on repeat this week? Salads with leftover pulled pork, feta cheese, and ranch dressing. Super simple but SO good!
4. I’ve also treated myself to some Starbucks a couple of times lately…I LOVE a nice grande blonde roast with 2 pumps of caramel brulée syrup + 2% milk and an egg white, spinach and feta wrap.
The caramel brulée syrup doesn’t last for long, so I try to enjoy it while I can (the same way I intend to go nuts once DD’s brings back their cookie dough iced coffee this spring!).
5. For anyone who may be interested, I’m currently holding a big Winter Books Sale in my Usborne Books VIP group! I’ve got some inventory I want to clear out before the end of the year, and I’ve got some great, discounted titles to choose from (including some out of stock Christmas titles!).
If you’d like to check out the sale, be sure to request to join my Usborne Books VIP group (<—click there!). I’ll approve you right away and you can browse through the sale and see how to purchase!
6. Would you guys believe it’s been five years since I started my current day job? It’s crazy to think that it’s been so long, but this coming Sunday is my 5 year work anniversary, and I even got this nice little plaque earlier this week, too.
On top of that, there was also a work anniversary celebration, complete with a hot chocolate bar. Ummm, YES PLEASE.
7. We’ve got a busy weekend ahead with a Christmas party and my dad’s birthday, so let’s just keep our fingers crossed that my children will (hopefully) stay healthy for a weekend!!
I’m cutting things short here today, my friends, so I wish you all a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3