1. For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you already know that this past Tuesday was a day with great significance over here. It was 18 years ago (EIGHTEEN!!) that Jay and I officially began dating.
I always love celebrating December 5th, even if our way of “celebrating” this year basically meant just being somewhat in each others’ presence while recovering from the stomach bug. But man, what an 18 years it’s been!! You’re a lucky guy, Horan. ; )
2. Jay recently got back to work on one of the basement projects we (he) started in the spring – our barn doors in the basement! Once we’re able to find some handles, these babies will be complete! His work just always impresses me.
3. Okay, I’ll take it easy on the gushing over my husband from here.
4. I just love being decorated for the holidays!! Something about the tree all lit up just always makes me smile…even if this year’s tree may not be decorated how I’d like (since we’re constantly decorating…and re-decorating…and re-decorating…thanks, kiddos!)
5. OH, and Franklin the Elf has arrived back in town!
Let me tell you, guys. We are SO not creative when it comes to “staging” Franklin over here. For those of you who go all out? You’re awesome. Send me some quick and easy ideas. I actually almost bought this kit in Target the other day, but decided that $25 was more than I wanted to spend on decking out our elf (even if it is super adorable!!).
6. It’s been a FUN mail day over here this week! In addition to what seems like the bajillion packages we’re steadily getting these days from Christmas shopping online, I also got this awesome little Muddy Buddies gift kit from the fabulous folks at General Mills (neighbors, be on the lookout!).
And then yesterday, I got this enormous (and generous!) box full of goodies as a surprise from Land O Lakes®!
Funny enough, I actually JUST bought their Cinnamon Sugar spreadable butter a couple of weeks ago, after our grocery store was offering samples of it on freshly toasted cinnamon raisin bread (OMG, SO GOOD), so I’m pumped to have some more stocked up. On top of that, there were some awesome little goodies inside, including this cute little butter knife!
And, ummmm…YES, PLEASE!! I’ve already started bookmarking some recipes from the one and only Pioneer Woman!
7. Hey parents, if you want a good little cry, READ THIS (thanks, Molly, for making my mascara run at work). Ugh…the days can be long, but mannnn, it goes fast. <3
8. I’ve been having some fun breaking out my 2018 KIT Daily Planners while planning some Usborne Books events into January!! We’re having our biggest release EVER of new books coming in January, and the hostess rewards are DOUBLE FREE BOOKS. Eeeeek!!! (If you want in on more details, shoot me an email!)
FYI: If you’re still in need of a planner for next year (or need a great gift idea!), free to use my referral link <– you’ll be prompted to sign up so you can earn credits for fun bonuses AND you’ll receive your coupon via email!
9. Lucas’s preschool was having a Yankee Candle fundraiser a couple of months ago and I ended up buying this Cascading Snowberry scent. Talk. About. AMAZING. It’s wintery, it’s fresh, and it might just be my new favorite winter scent. That is, unless, you tell me there’s something else I must immediately go check out, because this one is going quick!
FYI: The topper was a gift from a few years ago, and I’m pretty sure it’s from Yankee Candle, too!
10. Thanks to the fabulous Colleen (aka, R+F rockstar consultant!) originally sharing them a few weeks ago, I ended up buying these sacks off Etsy for both of the boys and I am IN LOVE with them. I mean, how adorable are they, right?!
Obviously, Alex is too young to get it, but Lucas does, and we’re already working on going through the old toys and packing them up to donate to those in need.
11. And piggybacking off of that, I’ll leave this here to close out today’s post…
What will YOU do today?? <3
Alright my friend, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead!!