1. Well, nothing like a little mid-week stomach virus to help throw your whole week off! Thankfully, it only lasted about 24 hours, but I spent my entire Tuesday in bed watching a million episodes of Impractical Jokers in between falling asleep throughout the day.
Oh, and I ALSO started watching a few episodes of CHEER on Netflix which, surprisingly, has gotten me super intrigued to see how things pan out. I’m so, totally rooting for Jerry.
2. Seriously, what IS IT about plain, buttered toast that makes it so. freakin. delicious?
Maybe it’s because I typically only eat it after not having eaten much of anything so I’m starving, and anything will taste amazing. But really, it’s like a little slice of heaven.
3. Every couple of years, I wind up getting bored with our bedroom furniture arrangement and make Jay switch it around for me. This past weekend marked one of those changes.
Man, it’a amazing what a little refresh can do!
4. Even better? I FINALLY took the picture frames that have been sitting on my bedroom floor for years now (I KNOW I’ve mentioned this in a blog post in the past, but I could not find it to link back to!) and we got them up on the wall. It’s a miracle!
And yes, I do know that the picture of Alex is sideways. I’m anticipating filling it with a different one and refreshing a few of the others that are a couple of years old. ; )
5. Okay, one more fact about the bedroom refresh. Jay is SO against the fact that I rolled out the accent rug in front of our bed, which has been hiding in the corner of our room behind our full length mirror. I still need to move it under the bed a little bit, but he just does not like the look of a “rug on a rug.” I mean, I get it, it’s not my favorite. BUT, I just love that rug so much that I feel like it doesn’t matter. Which camp do you guys fall in?
6. I’m shocked, that even with all of the extra hand washing I’ve been doing this week, my Sunday afternoon manicure that I slapped on there quick is still going strong!
For reference, I don’t looooove doing regular nail polish, just because it usually only lasts a few days for me before it chips. BUT, if I’m doing it myself, I always use the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish + top coat (this particular color is Plush Blush). I go back and forth ALL the time on if I want to go back to doing ANC because I love the look of it, but don’t necessarily love the maintenance or the way it destroys my nails. Decisions, decisions!
7. Did you guys know that exercise bands also make for really great “ninja headbands,” too?
I’ve pretty much lost all but one of my exercise bands (I purchased this set off Amazon a while back) to the boys, who have been wearing them and running around with them almost daily. But you know what? I’d rather they have them and keep themselves entertained while we’re still stuck inside the majority of the week, so have at ’em, boys!
Oh, hey! Happy Valentine’s Day!!! I hope your day is filled with lots of loooove <3 and hopefully I’ll catch ya back here more than once next week!