1. Well this turned out to be a bit of an unexpected week. My birthday (Tuesday) started bright and early thanks to a 2am wakeup call from Lucas who had thrown up in bed. My initial hope was that mayyybe it was just from a coughing fit but, unfortunately, that was not the case. So we spent the rest of the night and early morning in the bathroom. Thankfully, everything seemed to stop by about 9-10am that morning, so the two of us spent the day relaxing on the couch, watching movies, and playing games.
2. Not exactly the way I had anticipated spending my birthday, but hey, it could have been worse, right?
3. Even though Lucas was feeling back to himself by Wednesday, I still stayed home with him an extra day to keep any lingering germs at bay. Jay and I also did our best to keep the boys completely separate for a full two days. Jay hung with Alex down in the basement in the evenings and I stayed with Lucas and continued Lysoling everything he touched.
4. Part of me thought we were being ridiculous, but in the end, if it means that it’s going to help keep us all germ free, then I’ll do it!
5. Despite the bummer of Lucas getting sick, we DID wind up getting good news for Alex on Monday!
He had his last appointment with infectious disease, and after his latest blood work came back with “great results” we were given the go ahead to stop antibiotics at the full six week mark…which just so happened to be last night! YAY for no more meds (especially the middle of the night dose wakeups!).
6. I’ll be honest though…although I’m thrilled to have him off meds and glad everything is looking good, there’s a part of me that’s really nervous for him to be off the meds. I find myself totally paranoid that it’s somehow going to come back or something else is going to happen. Maybe I’m crazy? We will have a follow up with the orthopedic doctor in about 2 weeks though, so hopefully after that I’ll feel a bit more at ease.
7. Check out these flowers…aren’t they beautiful?
This was a nice little surprise that wound up on my doorstep on my birthday, thanks to Jay! He ordered them from The Bouqs, and I must say, they are beautiful (even more so now since that picture was taken because they’ve bloomed beautifully!).
8. In keeping with the birthday theme…I never wound up being able to go and get my free birthday drink from Starbucks on my actual birthday. But thankfully, my coupon was available the next day still, so Lucas and I hopped in the car to go grab me some of the good stuff.
Free drink = venti + an extra pump of white mocha (I mean, it is reason to celebrate and all, right?!)
9. Since Jay and I were both almost immediately convinced we were getting a stomach thing too, neither of us had much of an appetite to eat anything other than toast or crackers on my birthday, so plans for the dinner he was going to make me were scratched. Thankfully, we were able to sneak in a yummy dinner after the boys went to bed on Wednesday night, and it was delicious (he used this recipe, in case you’re interested).
We also followed up dinner with a slice of my favorite Oreo birthday cake. Yummmm <3
10. It also may have been two days late, but I had to get my obligatory birthday photo with the boys!
I don’t know if I’m going to be able to hold them both again after this year, but I’ll certainly try! <3
11. Okay, enough birthday talk. Let’s talk quick about elderberry syrup. I feel like for the past couple of weeks, every time I turn around people are swearing by this stuff and singing its praises for how well it helps ward of colds/flu. And the more I research, the more it sounds like it really is a wonderful supplement to help not only with supporting the immune system, but also helping with allergies and asthma symptoms (both of which I deal with). SO, I finally grabbed a couple from iHerb.com (use my code SAZ564 for $5.00 OFF your first order!!) and we’ve already started using them.
Apparently people must be getting word because it is HARD to come by these anywhere! Do any of you use elderberry syrup? Love it??
12. Okay, last but not least, I need to leave you all with a very, very exciting promotion that Usborne Books & More is offering right now. For February ONLY, you can join as a new consultant for ONLY $40. Seriously. NO strings attached.
Some people are joining simply for the fact that you get all 7 of the amazing titles pictured above. Some people have joined just for the DISCOUNT. And some people I know are planning on joining because they’re ready to start something NEW. And fun. And exciting. And they’re passionate about promoting literacy <3 SO, if any of those things speak to you, or you’re even just the slightest bit interested, please…email me!! I have yet to see anything like this deal before, and I don’t think there will be anything like it again for a while. These books really just are AMAZING.
Whew, that was a long one! Okay, I’m done for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3