1. I’ll start by saying thank you, once again, to all of you who have been sending your well wishes for our sweet Alex.
Unfortunately, we don’t really have any solid answers on his whole strep situation just yet. In order to be able to test him again to see if it shows positive (and then determine whether or not he is a carrier), we’ll have to wait at least another week for the antibiotics he finished up a couple of days ago to completely rid his system. So it may not be until late next week or very early April until we really have a better idea of what’s going on. At this point though, I’m pretty sure I’ve googled all that I can google (aka, the worst thing I can be doing, I know…) and we’re just going to have to play things by ear.
2. The appointment we had yesterday was actually his (very delayed) 18 month well child visit (which was also then combined with all sorts of questions and discussion on strep). On the bright side, our big guy is a solid 32.5 pounds, putting him in the 95th percentile for weight, and he’s in the 97th percentile for height. <3 On the negative side, of course, we still don’t even know if he really had strep this week, just a viral rash, or even just eczema (which also got brought up). Still lots to work through and figure out, but we’ll get there.
3. So what do you do when you’re totally stressed? You get together with some of your best girls for dinner and drinks!
A few of us met up in downtown Troy Wednesday night at Slidin’ Dirty, and ohhh man, their sliders are just ridiculously good. I got their Dirty Cowboy + the Reuben and they were both incredible.
We also shared some of their “Loaded Pig” french fries, and mannn, they do have some seriously good fries going on there.
4. By the time we were leaving dinner that night, I was actually feeling pretty awful, and was certain I was catching the cold the boys got. I don’t know if it’s the water I’ve been chugging, the elderberry syrup, or the essential oils I’ve been rolling, but I actually woke up Thursday not feeling nearly as bad. And although I’m still a little stuffy, it’s definitely (so far…knock on wood) not following the usual path of my typical colds. Fingers crossed!
5. With every passing day, I’m quickly seeing just how life is going to be like with brothers growing up in our house. One minute, they love each other, they’re playing together (without me..!!!), and reading each other stories.
The next minute, they’re yelling, screaming, crying…ohhhh, it’s an adventure!
6. Between my uncanny ability to fall deep down the black hole that is Instagram stories (or just social media in general) and my feeling sort of so-so this week, the workouts just haven’t been happening. Go figure, right? Just after I posted about my favorites, too.
Maybe this weekend I’ll get lucky. ;)
7. OH. And thank you to those of you who recommended Fitness Blender! I checked out some of the videos and they look really good – definitely going to try some of them. One of these days.
Alright guys, I’m off for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3