1. Well, we’ve made it to the end of another week, which means we’re one week closer to hopefully getting back to some normalcy. Whether that’s weeks or months from now, today I’m choosing to look at it as still getting closer, regardless!
2. Our week started off with a really cute school parade with a bunch of teachers from Lucas’s school. We made some signs and waved hello as each of the decorated cars drove by waving, beeping, or playing their music.
As soon as I saw Lucas’s teacher drive by, I immediately started crying (thank goodness for a sunny day). It’s such a crazy experience to have something that both warms and breaks your heart all at the same time. The emotions that came with the parade really sort of set the tone for the rest of that day for me, and Monday was definitely not my best day. I was sad, and emotional, and really short of patience. We’re all going to have those days here and there, and thankfully the rest of my week got better from there. But just in case you’re having one of those days right now, here’s your friendly reminder that you are most definitely NOT alone!
3. So I haven’t worn eye makeup in approximately 3-1/2 weeks, but I ended up buying the most gorrrrgeous eyeshadow palette from Tarte after seeing it on sale last week.
I cannot wait to start playing around with some new colors soon!
4. Speaking of playing around with some colors…I finally broke out the fingerpaint that the boys had been begging to use after my MIL dropped them off during a front door visit last week. The paint actually didn’t turn out to be all that messy, and it made for some happy kiddos.
So I’ll say it was totally worth it. #memories, right?
5. I will say, one of the perks I’ve been enjoying while being stuck at home? Taking my work and the boys’ schoolwork outdoors whenever possible!
We had a couple of beautiful days earlier in the week, and I actually, accidentally wound up getting a pretty decent sunburn one day while working out on the back deck.
Whooooops! Guess it’s time to make sure the sunscreen is out for the season again.
6. Along with getting our actual day-job work done, we’ve also been getting some spring yard work taken care of, too.
And, luckily for me, Alex is quite the helper so he’s officially taken over for me.
7. So, as it turns out, apparently quarantine also makes me want to bake. And not to bake just anything. It makes me want to bake huge, enormous, stuffed cookies.
I found this recipe on Pinterest, and then also proceeded to scrounge around in my pantry to grab whatever I could that would be good “stuffed” inside. Mini Twix, mini Milky Ways, Oreos, white chocolate…
It was a good mix, each cookie was a surprise, and they were exactly the kind of quarantine cookie we all needed.
I think I’m even going to make another batch today. : )
Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for today! Stay tuned next week – I should be having a WIAW post coming your way, and possibly even a ‘Day in the Life’ if I can get myself to remember. Talk soon, and stay well <3