1. Happy Friday the 13th! Are you superstitious about today’s date??
2. Fellow moms, this video is amazing. Watch it! Then tell me if you’re more of an 80’s mom or a 2018 mom (I’m a little of both!).
4. It wouldn’t be a fun facts post without bringing up the topic of this lovely spring we’re having! I honestly just spent about 10 minutes scrolling through funny memes about our lack of spring, physically laughing out loud at some of them. Yet, I couldn’t pick one to share in today’s post, so if you need a chuckle, just go searching for “is it spring or winter memes.” I think you’ll enjoy.
5. I swear, I tried the Sweet Vanilla Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks last year and hated it, but I gave it a try again earlier this week and I LOVED it.
SO good!! It may rival my other iced drink of choice (iced coffee w/ 1 pump caramel + 1 pump white mocha + 2% milk)…what’s your go-to coffee order??
6. Our new couch is in!! I am so excited to get it to the house, yet so nervous for it to get stained/dirty by my messy children (and, who am I kidding…me too). Part of me is starting to think this may have been a bad move. Then again, part of me is thinking, hey, maybe now I’ll finally be more firm about the rules on the couch for once?
7. So about a week and a half ago (maybe 2 weeks?) I made the swap to an all-natural deodorant. It’s something that has been on my mind for a few years now, but I finally felt compelled enough to make the switch. I started using this Lavender deodorant from Primally Pure, and so far, I truly like it. I think the big test will be once the weather warms up a bit, but I haven’t experienced any extra sweating or odors (at least that I’m aware of – I told Jay that he MUST tell me immediately if he smells anything bad!). I also haven’t experienced any irritation, which is what I was most concerned about, after reading so many other reviews with complaints about irritation with natural deodorant. I’ve been told that it can still happen even after months of using it, but I’m going to stay hopeful that this continues to be a good fit for me!
8. For the first time in I couldn’t even tell you how long, I hopped on the treadmill earlier this week for a little interval run.
I sort of made up stuff as I went, throwing in some inclines and alternating mostly between 1 minute of 5mph and 1 minute of anywhere between 7-9.5mph. It actually felt really good while I was on there, but my hip started acting up like crazy the next day. Maybe too much, too soon? I’m gonna give it another go today or tomorrow and we’ll see what happens. But I WILL say, I’ve been loving being back to some early morning workouts again <3.
9. If you could choose, what would you like to see more of around here in the coming weeks? A recipe? Motherhood trials and tribulations? Beauty/shopping? Current approaches to health/fitness? I’ve recently found myself more in the mood to write (YAY!) and would love any feedback from you to help steer me in some sort of direction!
Alright my friends, I’m off for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3