1. I don’t know how much of a “fun facts” post this is going to be, as opposed to just a little recap of the past couple days over here. To sum it up, we’ve had some fun!
2. The boys’ babysitter is on vacation this week, so we’ve all had a pretty non-standard sort of week over here. Jay and I both took a couple of days off from work, and then thanks to the help of my mom and mother-in-law, we managed to get the whole week covered.
3. Unfortunately, I also wound up having to take a sick day from work on Tuesday due to Lucas not feeling well. He appeared to come down with some sort of weird bug, and he just definitely was not himself. Don’t these darn germs know they’re supposed to go away by now?
4. Complaints over though, because we still managed to have a fun couple of days together! Lucas had kindergarten screening this week, and I’m totally dying to know how it went, what they did, etc. I’m not sure if it’s the same everywhere, but the parents did not go into the same room as the kids, and since Lucas is typically a man of few words, trying to get any sort of idea of what they did is like pulling teeth. Ahh well. At least he still seems to be excited about kindergarten!
5. Yesterday, the four of us headed up to Saratoga to visit the Children’s Museum, and the boys had a total blast.
Lucas was only two the last time we were there, and we were well overdue for a visit. It’s such a fun little place.
6. Ohh, poor Alex. You sure do need a haircut, buddy.
7. Are anyone else’s allergies through the roof right now? I woke up yesterday morning with a super runny/stuffy nose, and since I couldn’t get back to sleep, I figured I’d head downstairs, brew a pot of coffee, and just watch the morning news in some peace and quiet. I don’t think I’d had my mug of coffee poured for all of five minutes before I heard footsteps making their way down the stairs…
And before I knew it, the morning news was suddenly Monster Jam. Good thing I actually don’t hate it.
8. I need to give a quick shout out to American Eagle and their jeggings. My goodness, do I love ’em!
(Top is Universal Thread via Target, and I suggest sizing down a size – I’m typically a medium but went with a small)
I recently purchased a few pairs online, and THIS PAIR is probably my favorite. They’re so soft and comfortable! I also bought a pair of distressed ones, and although I can’t seem to find the exact pair online, they’re very similar to THIS PAIR. Looooove.
Alright, that’s all I’ve got for today! I’m looking forward to a fun weekend (where I better get spoiled rotten, boys! …ok, just kidding…sort of), starting with a surprise celebration at Lucas’s preschool this morning. So cute! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3