1. Is today even for real? I still can’t get over the fact that the day is finally here for us to have our own home once again. Two and a half months later, and here we are. Crazy!
2. Umm, so when did the ice cream truck get so expensive? Sheesh! I heard it in my parents’ neighborhood yesterday afternoon after work, so I decided to take Lucas to see if we could find him. Sure enough, there he was!
Lucas had his first encounter with the ice cream man, and thank goodness that he wasn’t overly picky about what he got because apparently, $1.50 can only get you about two things on the truck now…
I can remember back in the day ALWAYS wanting either a chipwich or a wrestling bar, but they were $1.25-$1.50 and that was only for a special treat because we usually only got a dollar. My, how things have changed!
3. My parents and Jay just walked in the door with pizza after their softball game, and I’m totally distracted by the smell of it now as I try to type up this post. Considering I had a lame PB&J sandwich for dinner about 3 hours ago, I’m absolutely going to get a slice of that pizza…
4. Okay, seriously, how adorable are these new sneakers for Lucas?
New Balance recently sent Lucas a pair from their new Kids Vazee line, and I think they’re just so cute. On top of that, I absolutely LOVE the velcro top…no ties = fabulous.
Unfortunately, these were the best pics I could get of him in his new kicks, but we’re all big fans of them over here.
Thanks again, New Balance!
5. So after this weekend, it’s about time I put a serious kibosh on the “buying coffee just about every morning.” The chaos of the summer got me in to the habit of buying coffee at least 3-4 times a week, and as we all know, that really adds up. So once the chaos of the moving weekend is over, it’s time to go back to Coffee Friday. Orrrrr, Coffee Every Other Friday. Orrrr, maybe I’ll just try to ease myself into it again.
6. Earlier this week, I was having some pretty severe stomach pains and acid reflux. So much so, that it bothered me enough to make an appointment to go see the doctor for it, because when it hurts to the point where I can’t eat, that’s definitely a problem.
I can’t remember if I’ve blogged about it before, but I developed some pretty bad acid reflux back right around the time in my life when I wasn’t fueling my body properly. From there, I was on Nexium for probably 5 years or so, and about two years ago, I decided to try to wean myself off. Long story short, being off of meds does not work well for me, and after attempting once again to wean myself off of a different medicine, we determined that it’s not working and that my chronic reflux requires meds. So for now, I’m back on it and definitely feeling 100x better. But it’s still frustrating to have to be on anything, because there are side effects and risks no matter what. Can anyone else out there relate?
7. Want to know something funny? I wore this shirt earlier this week for the first time…and I’ve had it for almost a year.
It came in a Stitch Fix back last September, and I just this week got around to taking the tags off and wearing it. Honestly, I had completely forgotten I even had it! But I’m so glad I found it, because I looooooove it. And Lucas loved playing with the holes in it, too.
8. Since there likely won’t be a meal plan post this Sunday (because you didn’t miss much), I do have to share one stellar meal that we had.
That right there was a delicious grilled steak salad with sautéed peppers and onions, feta cheese, and leftover corn on the cob (plus creamy Italian dressing that got drizzled on top after). It was incredible, and something I now want to eat on a weekly basis.
9. I’m super distracted right now, so I think I’m gonna have to cut things short. I’m sure I’ll have some updates on Instagram over the weekend, so be sure to follow along to see what’s happening with the house!
Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing! <3