Alright, you guys asked how to frost cupcakes…and you shall receive!
Last night after dinner, I set up a little makeshift video studio in the kitchen, forced Jay to hold the camera, and finally got the chance to record a brand spankin’ new vlog on how I frost my cupcakes.
Now, before you watch, there’s a couple notes I must make:
- I am no cupcake frosting expert, as you will notice. What you see is what you get here…there’s not much more in my frosting repertoire.
- You’ll notice throughout the video that I refer to something as a coupling; it’s not a coupling, it’s called a coupler. Apparently I was a little out there.
- There are also a few times where what I says will not make sense…just ignore them.
- Be on the lookout for a Cody appearance!
- Around minute 4, you’ll notice that the video cuts out and comes back in. That’s because all the space on my memory card was used up and we had to scrounge for another one.
- As always, feel free to laugh at me – otherwise, what’s the point of doing a vlog, right?
You’ll also find the details on the different products that you see in the video below in this post. If I missed anything, just let me know! Happy Watching!
As Seen In The Video:
Pastry Bag: Wilton 12-Inch Featherweight Decorating Bag
Coupler Set: Standard Coupler
*Coupler sets are NOT required when using a pastry bag; they just make it easier if you’re switching back and forth between tips with the same bag of frosting.
- Wilton 1M Star Tip (first cupcake)
- Wilton 2A Large Round
- Wilton #12 Medium Round (second and third cupcakes)
- Wilton #4 Small Round
You can also check out a bunch of other Decorating Tips & Tip Sets if you want to get creative!
Where to Buy?
My favorite place to purchase all of my baking supplies is from Confectionery House (http://confectioneryhouse.com).
**FYI: For the locals, Confectionery House actually has a store located in Troy, NY which is slightly cheaper (and quicker) to buy in person than it is from online.
Other sites to find these items for cheap would be Amazon and Wilton, too.