Who doesn’t love a good muffin recipe, right? Especially when they’re packed with ripe, juicy pears, sweet and crisp apples, and flavored with some of the best tasting yogurt I’ve ever had. Not kidding.
Since Lucas was still sporting a fever Sunday night in to yesterday, I took a sick day from work to stay home with him. Thankfully, when my child is sick, he likes to sleep. A lot. Just like his mama. So with some of my free time (whaaaat?!) I decided to do a little baking.
I can’t tell you the last time I made muffins. It’s been ages (since most of my baking lately has been devoted to cookies), but the result turned out incredible and these guys turned out to be a hit with the whole family.
I’ll admit that they aren’t the prettiest looking muffins you’ve ever seen. But don’t let that steer you away! The flavor is fabulous, and a lot of that is thanks to a very special ingredient…
I already told you guys before that I seriously love siggi’s yogurt. Siggi’s is an Icelandic style skyr, which is a thick, creamy, absolutely delicious, high-protein yogurt. And true to Icelandic tradition, siggi’s products do not contain any artificial preservatives, thickeners, sweeteners, flavors or colors, and are made with milk from family farms who do not use growth hormones.
Typically, I tend to gravitate towards their vanilla yogurt if I’m eating it with breakfast or for a snack. I always love vanilla, but the siggi’s variety is just top notch.
Perfect with a little bit (or a bunch) or granola.
But when siggi’s recently reached out and asked me to create a recipe with one of their flavored yogurts, I decided to branch out and test some of their other varieties.
And the winner was, overwhelmingly, the spiced pear. WOW.
These muffins will be perfect for breakfast or a little mid-afternoon snack, if you were to ask Lucas…
Let me tell ya…trying to photograph food with a toddler nearby is nearly impossible.
But anyways…about these muffins. Definitely give them a try.
And in all honesty, if you have not yet had the chance to try siggi’s yogurt, please promise me you’ll grab some the next time you’re out shopping (I can find it near me at Whole Foods and The Fresh Market)!
Spiced Pear & Apple Yogurt Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz siggi’s Spiced Pear yogurt (1-1/2 containers)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium pear, peeled and petite diced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and petite diced (*I used golden delicious because that’s what I had on hand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Toss diced pears and apples in flour mixture and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, egg, vanilla extract, almond extract (if using), butter, and canola oil. Stir mixtures together just until combined; batter will be very thick. Scoop into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-23 minutes or until slightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you want some more fun recipe ideas to use your siggi’s yogurt with, be sure to check out the Recipe Page on their site. It’s FULL of delicious sounding recipes, with everything from turkey burgers to raspberry chocolate mug cakes (OMG).
siggi’s rather delicious yogurts with simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar.
Try delicious flavors like vanilla, pumpkin & spice, and mixed berries & açai, power up your breakfast with their recipes and print a coupon.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of siggi’s Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.