New Recipe + New Treadmill Workout

I’ve got to start off by getting one thing off my chest this morning…

Why the heck is Courtney STILL on The Bachelor?!?!?! GAHH!!

I absolutely cringed when Ben gave her a rose last night. Ughh. So not cool. I SO wanted him to invite Kacie B. back to the rose ceremony, but no such luck. Ahh well.

Moving on to more important things in life…such as last night’s dinner. WOW x 1000.

You guys all gave some killer pork chop recipe ideas yesterday, and it was pretty hard deciding what direction I wanted to go in. But eventually I decided to take a spin off of one, and incorporate a little more goodness of my own.

I saw Jillian’s comment about how she had recently used Julie’s recipe for Sugar ‘n Spice Pork, and once I checked it out, it looked like a winner. I made a couple slight changes to the spices, but then I also sautéed a small yellow onion and a sliced Macintosh apple which totally made the meal.

The pork chops we had bought were incredibly lean, and they cooked up perfectly so they were slightly crispy on the outside, and nice and juicy on the inside.

The apples and onions, however, totally stole the show. I loved how the brown sugar made them slightly sweet. So so good!

On the side, I steamed a couple baby sweet potatoes and some sugar snap peas.

Everything was so delicious that I cleared off my entire plate. I had no intention of eating my entire pork chop, since it was pretty large, but it tasted just way too good and before I knew it…POOF. It was in the belly. Eye rolling smile

*****

Workout

I had planned on doing a “longer” run (aka, 5 miles) on the treadmill this morning, however, that plan had to be nixed, thanks to a middle-of-the-night asthma attack. Gosh, they really suck. I got up, took my maintenance inhaler and my rescue inhaler, and just tried sitting up in bed for a while. Eventually I fell back to sleep and awoke feeling better, but not quite 100%.

In an effort to not totally derail my exercise plan for the day, I decided to switch up from running to walking, and ended up doing a little bit of a “kicked up” version of this 45 Minute Treadmill Walk.

super speedy treadmill walk
Pin It

It was a great one, and I actually really enjoy walking every now and then. It’s still a great workout as long as you push yourself!

Breakfast

It started immediately with coffee. Have you guys ever noticed how there’s almost always coffee drips on the side of my mug?

IMG_2306-1

And then I actually made a one of the most amazing omelets EVER, but I’m holding off on sharing it until tomorrow’s WIAW post. Mwahaha. Smile

Catch ya later with another Mexico Recap!!

Comments

I have officially stopped watching the Bachelor because it is just a train wreck. Courtney is awful and you just know he is going to pick her… GRRRR. Why does this bother me so much?
    Carolyn recently posted..Dead Tired

I don’t even watch, and I thought that! :)

I am going to have pork chops tonight for dinner as well. Aaaand with some sweet potato wedges :) Not sure what my green is going to be?? :)

Have a great day!

thanks for the treadmill workout! I actually like walking on the treadmill with a higher incline than running. For some reason I just can’t run on the treadmill!

Thank you! I was totally shocked that he kept Courtney as well. I just don’t understand it. They spend more time talking about her backstabbing ways than their so-called relationship, well…that and getting nekked together. Oy, I hope Lindzi makes it now. I liked Kacie B. and Nicki.
    Christy recently posted..Snowmobiling…finally

5. Alyssa @ fit and fun in third says

It’s very rare that I find a dinner recipe that both the husband and I will enjoy but I think those pork chops may be a winner! Thanks for sharing… Imgonna try them out this week!

ahh i still have yet to watch last night’s episode… i plan on it today. i am definitely not happy to hear that courtney will still be there! ben is certainly losing brownie points with me… maybe he and courtney deserve each other. ha.

that pork recipe looks amazing! i always forget about cooking with pork… i need to more often. i think this recipe will definitely help motivate me to!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Roll Out Of Bed Treadmill Workout

7. Susan says

Kaycie B deserves someone better than a doofus with a bad haircut who has just had three “fantasy dates”. Just sayin. And your pork chop recipe looks delicious, can’t wait to try it!

Courtney on the Bachelor, OMG. I missed last night’s ep due to yoga, but happened to catch the last 5 minutes and after seeing Courtney advance I don’t even want to watch it on Hulu. Ha, had to get that off my chest too, apparently!
    Diana recently posted..What’s your nard?

9. Brittani says

Totally understand the asthma attack. I had bronchitis and a killer sinus infection back to back and took 3 weeks off of working out because I just knew I couldn’t do it. I only made it half way through my boot camp class on Saturday too, just still not back to my normal self! I am trying my best to listen to my body but my mind is telling me I am ready to go full force again!

Courtney (from the Bachelor- not you!) seems to have such a FAKE personality around him. Doesn’t he see it? I don’t like her to the point that I muted her whole date with Ben from last night’s episode on my TV. I unmuted to hear her cries and why she was crying (she did NOT regret saying that mean stuff to the other ladies), and then I muted it again. :) I’m sooooo mean.

Watch her end up with him, and see on People the next month that they broke up. I will laugh hysterically! I feel that his sister is very particular about the girls Ben is with, and she’ll set him straight on Courtney. After all, Ben really trusts his sister’s advice. Maybe he’ll wake up from this dust cloud and pick Lindzi? Hopefully? She seems sweet, and I’d feel awful that she’d go through another heartbreak. :(