New Recipe + New Treadmill Workout

by Courtney on February 28, 2012

I’ve got to start off by getting one thing off my chest this morning…

Why the heck is Courtney STILL on The Bachelor?!?!?! GAHH!!

I absolutely cringed when Ben gave her a rose last night. Ughh. So not cool. I SO wanted him to invite Kacie B. back to the rose ceremony, but no such luck. Ahh well.

Moving on to more important things in life…such as last night’s dinner. WOW x 1000.

You guys all gave some killer pork chop recipe ideas yesterday, and it was pretty hard deciding what direction I wanted to go in. But eventually I decided to take a spin off of one, and incorporate a little more goodness of my own.

I saw Jillian’s comment about how she had recently used Julie’s recipe for Sugar ‘n Spice Pork, and once I checked it out, it looked like a winner. I made a couple slight changes to the spices, but then I also sautéed a small yellow onion and a sliced Macintosh apple which totally made the meal.

The pork chops we had bought were incredibly lean, and they cooked up perfectly so they were slightly crispy on the outside, and nice and juicy on the inside.

The apples and onions, however, totally stole the show. I loved how the brown sugar made them slightly sweet. So so good!

On the side, I steamed a couple baby sweet potatoes and some sugar snap peas.

Everything was so delicious that I cleared off my entire plate. I had no intention of eating my entire pork chop, since it was pretty large, but it tasted just way too good and before I knew it…POOF. It was in the belly. Eye rolling smile

*****

Workout

I had planned on doing a “longer” run (aka, 5 miles) on the treadmill this morning, however, that plan had to be nixed, thanks to a middle-of-the-night asthma attack. Gosh, they really suck. I got up, took my maintenance inhaler and my rescue inhaler, and just tried sitting up in bed for a while. Eventually I fell back to sleep and awoke feeling better, but not quite 100%.

In an effort to not totally derail my exercise plan for the day, I decided to switch up from running to walking, and ended up doing a little bit of a “kicked up” version of this 45 Minute Treadmill Walk.

super speedy treadmill walk
Pin It

It was a great one, and I actually really enjoy walking every now and then. It’s still a great workout as long as you push yourself!

Breakfast

It started immediately with coffee. Have you guys ever noticed how there’s almost always coffee drips on the side of my mug?

IMG_2306-1

And then I actually made a one of the most amazing omelets EVER, but I’m holding off on sharing it until tomorrow’s WIAW post. Mwahaha. Smile

Catch ya later with another Mexico Recap!!

1 Khushboo February 28, 2012 at 10:03 am

If you bump the incline high enough, walking is definitely a legit workout! Your dinner sounds great- love adding fruit to my main meals!
Khushboo recently posted..HIIT or miss?

2 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 28, 2012 at 10:21 am

I’ve never had pork chops before. This recipe sure does look delicious! I wonder if you could use it for chicken? :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Trust The Gorton’s Fisherman!…

3 Caroline February 28, 2012 at 10:21 am

I figured he’d keep Courtney around (or the show at least would for the drama!) but ugh! I was rooting for my fellow Texan, Nicki. So sad to see her go :(
Caroline recently posted..Snack Attack and Fitness Routine

4 Casey @ OatsAndNanners February 28, 2012 at 10:23 am

Asthma attacks are scary!! I’m impressed that you still got a workout in but you listened to your body and didn’t push yourself to tackle those 5 miles. Nicely done :)
Casey @ OatsAndNanners recently posted..Post-Mexico Eats & Activities

5 Melissa February 28, 2012 at 10:24 am

Oh no! Your asthma scares me!! I hope you’re back to feeling 100% super quick!
Melissa recently posted..My New Meal Plan & Demon Back Injury Update

6 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 28, 2012 at 10:30 am

My husband would love that pork. I may have to avoid your further Mexico recaps out of jealousy. ;)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Twist on a Tuna Melt

7 Jen @ Whittle My Middle February 28, 2012 at 10:36 am

I love incline walking on the treadmill. It’s no joke! Good call on listening to your body.
Jen @ Whittle My Middle recently posted..Weekly Workout Review – Feb 20 – 26

8 Carolyn February 28, 2012 at 10:47 am

I have officially stopped watching the Bachelor because it is just a train wreck. Courtney is awful and you just know he is going to pick her… GRRRR. Why does this bother me so much?
Carolyn recently posted..Dead Tired

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 28, 2012 at 10:49 am

Oooh, that pork looks yummy! I haven’t made pork in a while, so I might have to add this to my menu for next week!

10 Brandi February 28, 2012 at 11:02 am

I don’t even watch, and I thought that! :)

I am going to have pork chops tonight for dinner as well. Aaaand with some sweet potato wedges :) Not sure what my green is going to be?? :)

Have a great day!

11 Caroline February 28, 2012 at 11:04 am

Yum!! For sure thing this recipe out :)
Caroline recently posted..The things that made my Monday a FUNday :)

12 Nikki February 28, 2012 at 11:05 am

thanks for the treadmill workout! I actually like walking on the treadmill with a higher incline than running. For some reason I just can’t run on the treadmill!

13 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 28, 2012 at 11:08 am

Ah, waking up with an asthma attacks sounds so scary! Glad you’re feeling better today though!

Incline walking is seriously great. It’s my favorite thing to do while catching up on shows. :)
Stefanie @TheNewHealthy recently posted..March Challenge [make your own veggie burgers]

14 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 28, 2012 at 11:13 am

Yum! What a great dinner! I love pork and apples together! Delish!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peanut Butter Granola & Food Pen Pal Reveal

15 Christy February 28, 2012 at 11:15 am

Thank you! I was totally shocked that he kept Courtney as well. I just don’t understand it. They spend more time talking about her backstabbing ways than their so-called relationship, well…that and getting nekked together. Oy, I hope Lindzi makes it now. I liked Kacie B. and Nicki.
Christy recently posted..Snowmobiling…finally

16 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 28, 2012 at 11:29 am

mmm that pork chop recipe looks amazing!! umm I feel you on the whole courtney still being on the bachelor..I was actually so mad last night!!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Chicken Fried Rice

17 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 28, 2012 at 11:31 am

I absolutely love pork chops! It’s such a great way to mix up dinner from the usual chicken dinner, and it’s a great lean protein alternative! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Fashion Forward

18 Lauren February 28, 2012 at 11:35 am

Oh man bachelor spoiler alert! ;(

19 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 28, 2012 at 11:36 am

That pork chop looks fantastic!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Chickpea Poppers

20 Liz @ Southern Charm February 28, 2012 at 11:38 am

LOVE this workout! Printing it for later this week!

21 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt February 28, 2012 at 11:46 am

Love the new bowl, very colorful!
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Overnight Oats

22 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third February 28, 2012 at 11:58 am

It’s very rare that I find a dinner recipe that both the husband and I will enjoy but I think those pork chops may be a winner! Thanks for sharing… Imgonna try them out this week!

23 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 28, 2012 at 12:03 pm

ahh i still have yet to watch last night’s episode… i plan on it today. i am definitely not happy to hear that courtney will still be there! ben is certainly losing brownie points with me… maybe he and courtney deserve each other. ha.

that pork recipe looks amazing! i always forget about cooking with pork… i need to more often. i think this recipe will definitely help motivate me to!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Roll Out Of Bed Treadmill Workout

24 Kerry February 28, 2012 at 12:12 pm

i rarely eat pork but that looks so damn good! i might have to make this! that treadmill workout looks super good too! :)
Kerry recently posted..My first 10K & life after the break in!!

25 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 28, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Oooh, I would be missing those omlet stations from Mexico! Can’t wait to read more about your trip!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Feel the love <3

26 Susan February 28, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Kaycie B deserves someone better than a doofus with a bad haircut who has just had three “fantasy dates”. Just sayin. And your pork chop recipe looks delicious, can’t wait to try it!

27 Calee February 28, 2012 at 12:27 pm

These look delish! I’ve been obsessing over a similar recipe I found on Real Simple:

I use 3-4 apples and 1.5 onions and omit the sugar (makes it too sweet for my man’s taste). My favorite part? Mixing the leftover apples and onions with quinoa. :)
Calee recently posted..Tu-tu-tu-Tuesday: Wool Eater Blanket

28 Krista @ Healthy Berg February 28, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I just had pork chops this past weekend that were topped with an cherry/apple/onion chutney, and they were delicious. I’m definitely going to bookmark this recipe!

29 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 28, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Oh those pork chops look amazing! I made them for the first time a few weeks ago and topped them with apples and a brown sugar glaze- so delicious :). Can’t wait to try this workout once I can exercise my lower body again!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Cleanse

30 Erika February 28, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for the awesome workout! Can’t wait to try it!

31 Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl February 28, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I am not big on pork chops, but these look delicious. My husband, however, loves them. I think I might need to surprise him with this great dish. :)
Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl recently posted..Foodie PenPal Reveal – Heart Healthy!

32 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 28, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I wanted Nikki to get that rose!!! I was so mad!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..vegetable rice pilaf

33 Anne @ Love Mint Chocolate Chip February 28, 2012 at 3:55 pm

That looks delicious!!!

I love walking sometimes too. It is nice to have a break every once in a while from running!

34 Diana February 28, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Courtney on the Bachelor, OMG. I missed last night’s ep due to yoga, but happened to catch the last 5 minutes and after seeing Courtney advance I don’t even want to watch it on Hulu. Ha, had to get that off my chest too, apparently!
Diana recently posted..What’s your nard?

35 Emilie February 28, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Coffee drips aren’t that bad. I spilt the entire contents of my takeaway coffee through my car this morning on the way to work… not good :S
Emilie recently posted..Monday Delights – Episode One

36 Brittani February 28, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Totally understand the asthma attack. I had bronchitis and a killer sinus infection back to back and took 3 weeks off of working out because I just knew I couldn’t do it. I only made it half way through my boot camp class on Saturday too, just still not back to my normal self! I am trying my best to listen to my body but my mind is telling me I am ready to go full force again!

37 Shannon February 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Courtney (from the Bachelor- not you!) seems to have such a FAKE personality around him. Doesn’t he see it? I don’t like her to the point that I muted her whole date with Ben from last night’s episode on my TV. I unmuted to hear her cries and why she was crying (she did NOT regret saying that mean stuff to the other ladies), and then I muted it again. :) I’m sooooo mean.

Watch her end up with him, and see on People the next month that they broke up. I will laugh hysterically! I feel that his sister is very particular about the girls Ben is with, and she’ll set him straight on Courtney. After all, Ben really trusts his sister’s advice. Maybe he’ll wake up from this dust cloud and pick Lindzi? Hopefully? She seems sweet, and I’d feel awful that she’d go through another heartbreak. :(

38 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre February 28, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I made apples with mine as well! Definitely a smart addition! :)
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Spicy Sweet Potatoes & Brown Rice in Black Bean Sauce

39 Arimey February 28, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Thanks so much for this recipe – looks awesome! I’m definitely making it this weekend :)