40 Minute Walking Mixed Interval Workout

Good afternoon, friends! I’ve got a new workout for you all on this lovely Monday. And for those of you who love a good walking workout, this one’s for you!

40 Minute Walking Mixed Interval Treadmill Workout
I’ve come to find that a lot of people assume that running is always the better choice when it comes to cardio, but that’s so not the case. Walking, especially when incorporated with intervals, can be an incredible, challenging cardiovascular workout. Here are some of my other favorite, super sweaty walking routines:

I first tried out the routine seen above last Thursday, when I needed to complete 40 minutes of mixed intervals as a part of my Best Body Bootcamp workout. On that particular morning, my legs felt like lead, my ankles were sore, and the thought of attempting a run was just not in the cards.

When I did the routine, I completed it using the numbers on the highest end of the speed scale shown above. However, I know that not everyone can walk at a 4.8 (thanks, long legs) so feel free to choose a speed within the range that works for you.

Remember, you want to challenge yourself, but I don’t want anyone flying off the back of the treadmill, mmkay? Winking smile

If you decide to give it a try, let me know what you think!

In a little while,  I’m headed off to work again for a few hours, but then? It’s Date Night! Eeeek, I’m so excited. Can’t WAIT!

Thanks for sharing! Wow, I can’t imagine walking at 4.8. I don’t think I’ve ever walked faster than 4.3. I always assumed anything more than that required a light jog. But I’ll be curious to try it next time I’m on the treadmill! :)

2. Ashley says

Thank you so much for sharing this interval workout. I will definitely use it during Best Body Bootcamp. I have to really be careful with my running due to old injuries so this will be perfect!

These kinds of workouts are great because time flies while you’re constantly switching up the speed or incline. I love doing some fast walking uphill. Those 8.0’s on the incline look tough!
    michelle kim recently posted..The Kobe Workout

i love that you post walking workouts. i am not allowed to run right now and sometimes i feel so ashamed that i cant do what everyone else in the healthy living blog genre is doing; extreme workouts! but sometimes walking on an incline and at varying speeds can be effective too! thanks for sharing that. as weird as this sounds it makes me feel much better!
    have an awesome date night :-)
    CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..The Big 5-0

5. ShirlleyFai says

This looks like a good idea…I am also planning to have a walk always everyday…But I have no idea as to what are things I have to consider…Anyway, this can help…Thanks!
    ShirlleyFai recently posted..Deal With Panic Atacks

Thanks for this workout, I loved it! I’m relatively new to the gym (2 months in) and this was great to break up my regular routine, and man I got a sweat on! Luckily I remembered to change to km from miles, which I haven’t done in the past (oops). Can’t wait to try out some of your other workouts!