Whew, was yesterday a long one!
Work was fine, thankfully, so that was like any ordinary day. But as soon as my work day was over, I was off to pick up the little man…and then it was go, go, go!
Jay had to work late yesterday, so I was flying solo for the evening…meaning, no relaxation for mama! I’ll tell ya…this child is constantly on the go. If he’s not crawling to get the vacuum (obsessed with it) or my deodorant out of my bin in the bathroom (also oddly obsessed with it), he’s going after Cody’s food, giving his reflection kisses on the dishwasher, or trying to pull up on anything he can get his hands on.
So between chasing after him, attempting to give him dinner (he currently has little patience for spoon feeding and wants to pick up everything), putting him to bed, then taking care of the dishes/lunches/clean up/bottles/etc., I was pooped!
(As a quick side note, I want to send out some major props to the moms and dads out there who do the solo parenting thing on the regular. You guys are amazing. Seriously.)
It wasn’t until about 8:30pm last night when I finally got a chance to sit down and have something for dinner (minus the random bites of Lucas’s dinner leftovers and Easter candy that I found myself snacking on throughout the evening). I had zero energy left to make anything special and/or containing veggies, so that meant one thing. Cereal, baby.
Sometimes, it’s just the best option. In my opinion. ;)
But back to the subject of this post…
I said yesterday that I’d work on getting the recipe together for lemon bars that I made for Easter, and here you go!
They really were ridiculously easy to make and are just perfect for spring. I altered the original recipe a bit so that they had more lemon filling in them because, personally, I think that’s the best part. If you’re interested, feel free to give ’em a try!
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Yields approx 36 triangles
Light, buttery, and full of delicious lemon flavor. These bars are a fabulous way to celebrate spring...or really, any time of year!
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 lemons, juiced
- zest from 2 lemons
- confectioner's sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 cups flour. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13" pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm and golden.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 2-1/4 cups sugar, 1/4 + 1/8 cup flour and salt. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes. The bars will firm up as the cool. Dust with confectioner's sugar (I put a couple of tablespoons in a metal strainer and sifted it over the top). Cut into triangles and enjoy!
(lightly adapted from this recipe)