1. So Jay and I are really not into celebrating Valentine’s Day, but I happened to be at Hannaford earlier that afternoon and saw they had cookie cakes near the check out. Soooo, I mean, I suppose I can “celebrate” if it means cookie cake.
2. My little valentines <3
3. Unfortunately, Alex has caught the cold that Lucas started with last week, as have I…so Alex and I had a day at home yesterday to work on feeling better.
I sort of freaked when he woke up from his nap yesterday with a fever of 101.5 (I’ve been on total flu alert, despite us having gotten the shot) so I wound up bringing him in to get tested because I’m crazy. Thankfully, it was negative.
4. I recently came across this old post of mine — 12 Things I’ve Learned in My First Year of Parenting — and it was a quick reminder of just one of the reasons I love blogging so much. I had completely forgotten about writing that post, and it was so fun to look back on. If you read it, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
5. Essential oils. I need HELP. I bought a starter kit from Young Living a few years ago, and since then, I’ve used certain oils sporadically. I go through phases where I’ll diffuse some, or roll on others, but I never know if I’m even doing anything “right.” I’ve also purchased a few different oils outside of the starter kit (R.C., SniffleEase, Eucalyptus Globulus, to name a few).
I basically just want to be able to write down my needs and have someone give me a full breakdown of what to use, how to use it, and when. I mean, that’s not asking so much, right?? ; ) Pinterest, by the way, totally overwhelms me when I try to look there. (But in all seriousness, if oils are your thing, I’d love to chat!)
6. Okay, crowdsourcing here on this one…if you had $300 to spend on ANYTHING fitness related (trackers, home equipment like weights, treadmill etc., classes, memberships…) what would you purchase?? My employer recently started offering an annual $300 fitness reimbursement which I’m SUPER pumped about, but I’m trying to choose wisely!
7. Who’s with me????
8. We bought a new car! The entire process went much smoother (and quicker!) than I expected, and although I was sad to have to say goodbye to my old car, this new one is a pretty sweet replacement (we stuck with another Honda CR-V). And I will say, for those of you who are local and in the market for a new car, Mohawk Honda in Schenectady was wonderful. Shoot me a message and I’ll let you know who to get in touch with over there!
9. Having to deal with DMV? Not something that’s typically on the top of my priority list. Getting in and out of there in less than 5 minutes when having to surrender my old plates? Biggest shocker of the week!
10. I am officially obsessed with all things germs right now. Every time I turn around, someone we know (ahem, us included!) is sick with something, whether it be a cold, the stomach bug, or the dreaded flu. It’s terrible! I am ready to keep the boys out of public until May, where we will all simultaneously be going stir-crazy.
11. I scored some sweet deals this past weekend with some Old Navy Super Cash. I am obsessed with THIS TANK (for layering, for on its own), and wound up purchasing it in three more colors. Looooove. I also got a couple of things for Lucas, including this adorable hoodie, which is from the BOYS section. We are quickly moving out of the toddler sized clothing…gahhh.
12. This post seems to have a growing number of exclamation points. My apologies. Apparently I’m excited today!
Alright I’m also calling it quits, too, since it’s getting late on Thursday night and I need to try and rest up to get rid of this crappy cold. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead.
**Despite my post being lighthearted and fun, I know I cannot write today without acknowledging the unthinkable tragedy that took place in Broward County, Florida earlier this week. I truly wish I could properly articulate just how sad and angry it makes me to hear yet another incident like this. Something needs to CHANGE. My deepest thoughts and condolences go out to all of those affected. <3