1. Anyone else have a moment (or five) this past week where you felt like you’ve lost all control? If so, just your friendly reminder that you’re not alone. I walked out of my office the other day after a meeting to this scene, and honestly, I had no energy or desire to do anything about it.
They were having fun, actually getting along, and I was able to get through a meeting uninterrupted. So my living room may have been a disaster, and I may have 5-6 cushions with little blood stains on them thanks to a scrape from Alex getting ev.er.y.where… but hey, #survivalmode.
2. You know what I was reminded of this week? Just how underrated walking is. I’ve ventured out for a couple of them the past few days, and not only does it have my shins and hips screaming, but it felt so good to just…walk!
3. Last night, we had the most adorable little “moving up” ceremony for the kids in the neighborhood. Since most of them are moving up in some way for next year…either up a grade, starting kindergarten, starting/moving up in preschool, or moving to a big-kid room at daycare…and didn’t really get to have an official “graduation,” my neighbor Ashley decided to throw them one!
4. We had THE most delicious takeout the other day, thanks to Casey’s Restaurant. Jay and I were in the mood for some salads for dinner, and our fridge was completely empty, so we ordered a couple of our favorites (Cobb for me, Chef for him) and they were incredible. Not only that, but they also threw in a loaf of their fresh baked bread, which is one of my favorite things to snack on when we dine in at their restaurant.
Locals, I promise, you will not be disappointed if you go!! We’ve ordered from them a few times during quarantine, and they have been great every single time.
5. Want to know what else is great? Having a bunch of overripe bananas on hand to make Baked Banana Bread Doughnuts.
The recipe came right out of Eating in the Middle: A Mostly Wholesome Cookbookher blog, and honestly, ALL of Andie’s recipes are fantastic. Not only that, but I love her and , which I’ve been following for years now (way back when it was still titled ‘Can You Stay for Dinner?’)!
I really do wish I could give myself more time to read more often. I always say that, and then I finish a good book, and take forever to start a new one. SO, if you’ve got any good recommendations for a new book for me to start (lighthearted, easy reading is a bonus), feel free to share.
7. When everything started going down with quarantine and issues/rumors over food shortages, Jay and I decided to sign up for ButcherBox. We had tried them out last year and loved them, but never stuck with keeping the deliveries going. But I will say that we’ve been VERY pleased with all of our deliveries over the past few months. We got our latest delivery this week and it’s a good one!
They currently have a waitlist (since I’m sure we weren’t the only ones to sign up with a similar mindset a few months ago) but I’m hoping they open that up soon because their meats are all such great quality and I’m sure you guys would love them!
8. You know, I alllmost forgot just how good the cookie dough protein shake is from Unmatched Nutrition. So when I found myself out the other day and starrrrving, I quickly stopped to pick one up and it made my day.
Then again, give me cookie dough ANYTHING, and my day will be made. <3
9. So after Cody passed a couple of weeks ago, I had been trying to think of something to help make the boys feel a little better about it all. I eventually found these adorable, plush orange cats on Amazon and they finally arrived yesterday.
Aren’t they so cute?! The boys were so excited for them to arrive, and I can only hope it’ll help a little when they’re looking for those real Cody snuggles we all loved so much.
Alright friends, that’s all for today! For my friends here in the states, I hope you’re able to have some sort of fun celebrating Independence Day this weekend – remember to be safe and stay well! And for my Canadian friends, a happy belated Canada Day! Enjoy yourselves this weekend, and I’ll catch you all next week. <3