1. Fun Facts are comin’ atcha a little later than usual today, but hey…better late than never, right?! Happy FRIDAY, my friends!
2. For the first time in almost 2 weeks, I was so excited to finally get back in to some workouts this past week. It felt SO good to move again (and not be completely out of breath, although my asthma is still acting up a bit from this stupid cold).
3. There are some days where I really want to find/come up with/sign up for some sort of workout plan, so I have a little more guidance on what to do. But then again, I know how crazy our days are right now and it’s very likely that I may not be able to stick with any sort of plan. And that would annoy me. Plus, I do like just sort of winging it sometimes with the workouts, depending on what I’m feeling (you can see some of my favorite FREE YouTube workouts HERE and HERE!). So I don’t know, we’ll see.
4. Party leftovers = the BEST. We had a ton of pulled pork leftover from Alex’s party this week, so I first made some pulled pork quesadillas (just the pork, a LOT of cheese, and a sautéed red onion).
And I think next we’ll be doing some pulled pork mac & cheese…I just need to get the recipe from my neighbor!
5. Did I ever show you guys what I ended up putting on the wall on the sides of the mirror in our staircase? I don’t think I did, so I’ll share!
I bought the galvanized hanging buckets from Magnolia Market (remember, when Joanna sent me a package?), which don’t appear to be available on their site anymore(?!) but these are similar. I then filled them with some faux flowers that I found from At Home, and I plan to swap them out seasonally. But right now, I’m really happy with how they turned out!
6. Has anyone else started watching OITNB season 5 yet?!
We just finished the third episode last night, and so far, I’m alright with it. Not super pumped, but not hating it. Although I will say, I think that Cindy has to be one of my favorite characters. She cracks me up every episode.
7. I had a few people reach out asking where I got the top I was wearing at Alex’s party, and it’s this one from Old Navy. It’s nice and flowy, so there’s plenty of room to tie a little knot in the front to mix up the look. I love it (and now want to buy it in all. the. colors.).
8. We got some fun packages in the mail over here this week, including some of these new Zone Perfect bars!
We haven’t tried the kidz ones yet, but I’ve tried two of the revitalize kinds; I was not a fan of the salted caramel latte flavor, but I surprisingly enough do really like the strawberry shortcake flavor. That one is really good!
9. We also got a few samples of this new Angry Orchard Easy Apple, which I am suuuuuper pumped to crack open come 5 o’clock tonight!
It says that it’s less sweet than their other ciders, which makes me even more excited to try. I’ll post my thoughts in an Instagram story later on!
10. How adorable is this little Father’s Day gift that Lucas made for Jay at preschool? (Jay, no peeking!!)
Lucas told me what’s inside, but I won’t say just in case. ; )
11. Thanks to a fun dinner out last night with some of my neighborhood friends, I have some killer leftovers waiting for me for lunch today.
Chicken, eggplant, spinach, roasted red peppers, garlic aioli…CAN’T. WAIT.
12. I finally gave myself a much needed manicure the other night (which I’ve been meaning to do for at least 3 weeks now…).
I basically only use the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish now, since it’s one of the only brands that will actually stay fairly well for at least a week. I need to pick up a few more colors!
13. Most of you know by now that I’m also a consultant with Usborne Books & More. I started last August and it has been SO much fun ever since. I don’t post about it often BUT…I had to share an amazing deal that they’re offering right now through the end of June ONLY.
New consultants can sign up for ONLY $50.00 and you get everything included in the graphic above (we have over half of those books and they’re all huge hits here!).
So maybe want to try a little something new for yourself? Maybe you want to earn a little (or a lot) of extra cash on the side? Or maybe you just want to get some discounted books to build your kiddos’ library? Whatever the reason, now is an AMAZING time to join. And if you have any questions at all, email me! I’m more than happy to chat more!
14. I’m pretty sure this must be one of the first fun facts posts where I haven’t included a pic of my kiddos in years…go figure?!
Alright my friends, I’m out for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3